What is Recap?
Recap is a free student video response and reflection app developed by the makers of Swivl. It gives teachers and parents insight into students' learning and progress. Recap provides evidence of student thinking, improves formative assessment, and supports personalized learning.
How it works
Watch - Get an overview of how each class is doing as a group or dig into individual responses for formative assessment.
Share - Share individual responses with other students, parents, or teachers, or show a daily review reel in class.
- Teachers need to sign up online (just need an email and password -- it's free!) *Students do not need accounts.
- Teachers create your class and add students -- just click "add student" and type their name in -- no password or student numbers needed.
- Teachers then give students the class code so that they can access their assignment.
- Students can use a laptop, surface, ipad, or iphone to access the website or app to record their recap -- as long as it has a camera and microphone!)
- Teachers can view the recap by logging back in to their recap account on any device with internet. View all videos at one time. Leave feedback for students. Share the clip via email.