Tuesday, January 28, 2020

BoomWriter - Be part of the "process"

One of my on-going themes this year as a teacher, is to give feedback "during the process" rather than at the end of an assignment.  Life is not one and done, and neither is learning.

Google Classroom & Google Doc comments provide a platform for a feedback conversation. I have also been utilizing video Feedback with FlipGrid and Screencastify, to get more in-depth and personal with my students' work when reviewing it.

In my continued pursuit of finding a variety of tools for feedback, I found BoomWriter.  Boom Writer comes off as elementary, but certainly can be used K-12.

Image result for boom writer


Boom Writer offers several assignment options including collaborative writing/storytelling.   Today, I am going to focus on the Vocabulary Assignment.   With the vocabulary assignment you provide a writing prompt for your students, while creating a list of key terms or phrases that the students should consider including in their response.   Word count limits can be set, and a basic, or customized rubric can be attached.  

Teachers can view the writing as soon as the student begins and can suggest revisions in the feedback box. 




Hover over the hotspots below on a student sample I received.  Or, take a look at my screencast experience of using Boomwriter for the first time.




If you are interested in trying out Boomwriter with your class, let me know.  I can get you set up for success and be of support during the first time you try it!  Then, we can check out the other features such as anonymous voting & whole class story writing.











;lk ;lk 

No comments:

Post a Comment