Tuesday, October 1, 2019

App Smashing with Docs & Keep to Help with Writing

Last week as I was running around being techie, I came across students in Mrs. Hart's class on their Chromebooks.

Below was what I saw on a screen:



Not only was this fantastic doc template pushed out through Google Classroom's 
"Make a Copy for Each Student"  so she could watch their progress as it happened but.... 

The students were using Google Keep notes to guide their writing, right there within Docs!




To my understanding, students 
  • went to keep.google.com to create their notes, while doing research much like index cards
  • categorized the notes by "label" and/or "color" to be their Health Project notes
  • opened the notes while writing within docs

Also - you will see the checkboxes in the top note!  I am envisioning this note to be pushed out by the teacher as the "must-includes" for the assignment. 







More...
- Don't forget notes can be collaborative! Students can share notes for group projects.  Ts & Ss can have feedback dialogue within a shared note.
-Split screen will work on all our devices for the research portion.





2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!! I'm going to try this with the next group research project in my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was making a MAD Libs & Cloze reading activity today, and thought of this technique. Super handy to have a post it note of the words I have omitted on the side to copy and paste into my word bank or Mad Libs sheet! I have added a screenshot to this post!

    ReplyDelete